Consequences of the Earthquake and Tsunami
We, all the staff of NITE Biotechnology Center, would like to express deepest sympathy to those who were affected by the Northeast Japan Earthquake and Tsunami on 11 March. We also would like to express sincere thanks for messages worrying our damage with encouragement to us from friends all over the world.
All of us are fine and able to continue activities as a biological resource center. However, we are facing some difficulty affected by the restriction of social infrastructure. On 13th March 2011, Japanese government decided to implement power cut at eastern Japan area because of recent megaquake and tsunami. The power cut will be conducted for 3 hours once or twice a day by area. This emergency measure to save power is expected to continue for one month and more.
- If you place an order via facsimile
- NBRC will send a reply to a received order via facsimile ASAP. If you do not receive it, please confirm your order via e-mail or telephone.
- Shipment and Reception
- NBRC microbial strains and DNA resources are essentially sent by post mail. Japan Post Service is giving a warning of unstable delivery in consideration of the current situation as of 14th March. Please understand that we cannot inform the customers of the delivery schedule. Please pay attention to your shipment for deposit as major carriers are also in the same situation. Please contact us before sending strains to NBRC.
- Deposit of microorganisms and other materials for patent
- Considering the current situation of transport, please contact NITE Patent Microorganism Depositary (NPMD) prior to sending materials to NITE.
- Availability of our databases
- DOGAN, NBRC Culture Catalogue Search, and Human cDNA Clone Search System are essentially available. However, in case of unavailable time please refer to the PDF file of the NBRC Catalogue of Biological Resources 2nd edition.