Ordering of Cultures
- 1. Search Microorganisms
- Make sure NBRC number and taxon name of the strain(s) from our online catalogue. If you wish order DNA resources, please browse individual web page from the left column.
- 2. Permission for some strains regulated
- Please make sure you have to obtain appropriate permit for some strains which are under regulation(s) for distribution.
All informations such as regulation, biosafety level, cultivating condition of the strain are described at online catalogue.
If your government agency requires a document for importing, please send us a necessary form(s) together with the Ordering Form.
- 3. Ordering Form [download]
- Please fill both strain name(s) and its (their) NBRC number(s) (= IFO number(s)) in your order, and sign or place a seal in the signature column. NBRC identification numbers under 100,000 are identical to IFO identification numbers (e.g. NBRC 12345 = IFO 12345).
- 4. Inquiry to NBRC
- Please complete the order form and send it by mail or facsimile. Orders by telephone or e-mail are currently not accepted.
|Biological Resource Center (NBRC), |
National Institute of Technology and Evaluation (NITE)
2-5-8 Kazusakamatari, Kisarazu-shi, Chiba 292-0818 JAPAN
- 5. Payment
- The prices are shown below. Payment via creditcard (VISA or Master) is welcome.
- 6. Shipping
- We will dispatch the microorganism(s) as L-dried (glass amploule), Frozen-thawed culture disc (plastic tube) and/or living culture (slant, evacuated vial bottle) by Express Mail Service (EMS). FedEx is not available here.
- 7. Reactivating culture
- On receipt of the culture(s), please reactivate as soon as possible following the methods included in the package (and you can see from the end of this page, too).
Please don't hesitate to send us any further questions.
|Public or educational organizations
||JPY 4,000 / ampoule
||JPY 8,000 / ampoule
|JPY means Japanese Yen. Price is including tax and postage.
- A handling charge of JPY 6,000 is added to all orders shipped outside of Japan.
- In the case the PRIVATE COMPANIES order more than 10 ampoules at once, the price would be 10% discounted.
- Additional payment of 1,000JPY/ampoule is required if you order the strain(s) restricted by the depositor.
- Depending on the preservation conditions, judicial regulations, etc., strains will be either removed from the distribution list or modified for their distribution conditions without prior notice.
- As stated in the "Agreement of Biological Resource Transfer and Treatment" mentioned above, the strains you have received from us should not be transferred to a third party.
- We cannot ship "strategic material strains", classified as "the cargo of special note" in the Article 48, 1 of the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Law, to overseas countries.
When ordering these microbial strains, please be sure to attach a signed or sealed affidavit of use to your order form and send us both by mail.
Your request by telephone or facsimile are not acceptable . ...more
- Distribution of Living Modified Organism (LMO) is controlled under the "Cartagena protocol on biosafety to the convention on biological diversity". ...more
- Your information and remarks concerning the strains you have received will help us to improve our preservation and shipping methods. Also, we appreciate receiving reprints of your publications as well as any information concerning your research using the NBRC (IFO) strains we supplied.
||Above; L-dried culture (glass amploule)
Below; Frozen-thawed culture (plastic tube)
|Instructions for cultures