Human Gateway® Entry Clones
NBRC is distributing copies of the human cDNA clones to both academia and industries under our distribution policy. The following kinds of clone will be distributed.
- Human Gateway® Entry Clones
- Full-length Human cDNA Clones [more...]
- Splicing-Variant Human cDNA Clones [more...]
Here is the information about "Human Gateway®
Entry Clones" in this page. [short cut to how to order]
|*Gateway® is a registered trademark of Invitrogen.
The human Gateway® entry clones were constructed by cloning of PCR-amplified open reading frame (ORF) fragments from full-length human cDNA clones or other resource cDNAs and studied in the "NEDO Functional Analysis of Protein and Research Application Project" supported by the Japanese government.
As of June 2010, about 43,000 human Gateway® entry clones were deposited to NBRC by Japan Biological Informatics Consortium (JBIC) as a general deposit.
The results of this project using these human Gateway® entry clones were published on Nature Methods and other journals. Furthermore, the detail information of these clones are available from H-Invitational Database (H-InvDB; http://hinv.jp) and Human Gene and Protein Database (HGPD; http://www.HGPD.jp).
The DNA fragment in a Gateway® entry clone can be moved into one or more destination vectors simultaneously by Gateway® technology. For more information about Gateway® technology, please visit the website of Invitrogen (http://www.invitrogen.com).
- Goshima, N. et al, Human protein factory for converting the transcriptome into an in vitro-expressed proteome., Nature Methods, 5, 1011 - 1017 (2008) [PubMed: 19054851]
- Maruyama, Y. et al, Human Gene and Protein Database (HGPD): a novel database presenting a large quantity of experiment-based results in human proteomics., Nucleic Acids Res, 37, D762-6 (2009) [PubMed: 19073703]
- Clone Information
- Click here for more information (clone map and vector sequence and so on) about human Gateway® entry clones.
|1. Clone search
|Please search the clones of your interest and their name at Human Gene and Protein Database (HGPD). You can also refer a list of human Gateway® Entry Clones at the top page of HGPD for clone name.|
The clone name for human Gateway®entry clones is expressed in a form of:
"FLJ + 5 digit number + 3 digit alphabetical letter + N or F"
(Example: FLJ11111AAAF, FLJ12121AAAN)
Since "AK + 6 digit number" or "A clone name without N/F at the end of the name" indicates Full-length human cDNA clones and/or Splicing-Variant Human cDNA clones, please check the names carefully to avoid mistakes befer order.
|The letter "N" or "F" at the end of names represents:
"N"; N-type clones that have an intrinsic stop codon for the production of native or N-terminal fusion proteins.
"F"; F-type clones that do not have the stop codon for C-terminal fusion proteins.
|2. Download the Ordering Form
|Please download "AGREEMENT / ORDER FOR NBRC DNA RESOURCES (Ordering Form) ( 457KB)" and "Invitrogen Limited Use Label License No. 19 ( 13KB)".
If your government agency requires a document for importing the human cDNA clones, please send us a necessary form(s) to us.
|3. Inquiry to NBRC
|If you would agree the items of "Agreement of Biological Resource Transfer and Treatment"of the Ordering Form and Label License No. 19, please fill the Ordering Form completely [Example ( 486KB)] and send it to the following address by postal mail or facsimile.|
|Biological Resource Center (NBRC)
National Institute of Technology and Evaluation
2-5-8, Kazusakamatari, Kisarazu-shi,
Chiba, 292-0818 Japan
- Ordering Form
- The signature of "AGREEMENT / ORDER FOR NBRC DNA RESOURCES" must be handwritten.
Please fill out the column "Name of DNA Resources (NBRC No. etc)" of the Ordering Form with the clone names completely.
- We accept payment by bank remittance or credit card (VISA or Master). In the latter case, please select a check box "credit card" of the Ordering Form. We do not accept payment by cash or check.
- We will ship the requested clones as soon as we confirm remittance of the amount due and receive your two original signed MTAs if they are required.
- The human Gateway® entry clone(s) will be despatched as a dried DNA pellet in a plastic tube by Express Mail Service (EMS). FedEx is not available. When we ship your ordered clone(s), we will inform you with EMS item number by email. You can trace it with the number at following web site: http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ems/delivery/ems_search_en.html
|Public or educational organizations
||15,000 JPY / clone
||30,000 JPY / clone
|JPY means Japanese Yen. Not including consumption tax for customers in Japan.
- Orders and payment via bank transfer from out side Japan will be charged a bank transfer fee of JPY 6,000.
- If you order from an academic or educational institution, please send us a document indicating the fact along with the Ordering Form.
- Depending on the culture, preservation conditions, judicial regulations, etc., DNA resource(s) will be either removed from the distribution list or modified for their distribution conditions without prior notice.
- As stated in the "Agreement of Biological Resource Transfer and Treatment" mentioned above, the DNA resource(s) you have received from us should not be transferred to a third party.
- In order to improve our resources, we would like you to indicate the following items in your publication:
Also, we appreciate receiving reprints of your publications as well as any information concerning your research using the human Gateway® entry clone(s) NBRC has supplied.
- The accession number of human Gateway® entry clone(s); and
- "NBRC, NITE, Kisarazu, Japan" as the source of the clone.
- We do not disclose your personal information to any third parties. If you
have any questions concerning our DNA resources and/or related matters,
please send an e-mail to: email@example.com. We cannot answer to your questions by telephone.